Luminate Imagesphere Summit Brings Together Media and Publishing Leaders to Explore Rising Consumer Interest in Images
Luminaries Converge to Discuss the Impact of Photos on Internet Content and Monetization Strategies, Design and User Experience
New York, NY — October 23, 2012 — Luminate, Inc., the worldwide leader in making digital images interactive, today announced the first Imagesphere Summit, which takes place today in New York City. The Imagesphere Summit brings together media, technology and brand thought leaders to explore opportunities at the intersection of growing consumer demand for images and new innovations in interactive images.
The consumer demand for image content, punctuated by the massive proliferation of photos online, has created an Imagesphere where people view, share and interact with pictures. Currently 40 percent of the web's pixel real estate is comprised of images and 70 percent of social-media actions involve a picture. Consumer interest in images continues to spike as developers focus on pictures as a new frontier for innovation, allowing images to do more. Viewers can now launch activities directly from pictures, reaching a new level of interactivity that spurs greater online engagement. As a result of consumers’ growing appetite for images, design, UI architecture, editorial investment and advertising models for large publishers are affected.
The Imagesphere Summit will dive into the rise of this visual culture, what it means, and where publishers and marketers go from here.
Speakers and their topics include:
- • Steve Rubel, Executive Vice President/Global Strategy & Insights, Edelman: The Rise of Visual Culture
- • Paul Asel, Managing Partner, Nokia Growth Partners: Images: Global and Mobile Perspectives
- • Rafat Ali, CEO & Founder, Skit and Stephen Carpi, Global Director of Production, Fantasy: Interactive Image-centric Design - USA TODAY Case Study
- • Liz Coughlin, former Head of TV and omg! at Yahoo! Entertainment: Yahoo Case Study: User Experience & Increased Monetization on the web
- • Regina Lewis, Media Commentator and USA Today contributor: Publisher Monetization Strategy – Images
- • Offir Gutelzon, Vice President of Business Development, Getty Images: Unlocking Image Metadata
- • Sean O’Neal, President & CRO of Vizu, a Nielsen Company: Revenue: L'Oreal case study with Vizu
“Today we bring together some of the sharpest minds in the business to examine the impact of images as the number of pictures online continues to surge at an unprecedented rate,” said Luminate CEO, Bob Lisbonne. “Images unquestionably play a crucial role in every part of the online experience, and the new era of the Imagesphere necessitates changes in how we conceive of and produce web content.”
The Imagesphere Summit comes as Luminate establishes its East Coast presence with the opening of a New York office. The New York-based team will be devoted to the rising needs of marketers and publishers who seek to develop comprehensive image strategies. For more information, please visit www.luminate.com
Luminate, Inc. is the worldwide leader in making images interactive serving more than 150 million users each month and 40 billion image views per year. Founded in 2008, with the vision to make every digital image interactive on the web, Luminate offers the world’s first platform for image applications. Developed by technologists from Netscape and LiveOps for the new era of the Imagesphere, Luminate’s platform combines Internet and crowdsourcing technology to deliver the optimal content relevant to online images. Luminate is a private company funded by August Capital, CMEA Capital, Google Ventures, Nokia Growth Partners and Shasta Ventures. Luminate is headquartered in Mountain View, California.